Let’s see how I did back at the start of the season in terms of new shows I would/might like:
- Full season subscriptions that panned out for me — Blindspot, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Limitless, Quantico and Supergirl;
- Full season subscriptions that the networks didn’t agree with — Minority Report, The Player;
- Full season subscriptions I switched to binge watch and the network dumped — Heroes Reborn, The X-Files;
So 5/9 survived, 4/9 had short seasons and are not coming back.
For the try one-episode batch:
- Ones I grabbed on to: Rosewood;
- Ones I binge-watch: Into the Badlands;
- Ones that one EP was enough: Benders, Crazy Ex-GF, Grinder, Hand of God, The Muppets, Public Morals, and Wicked City, all of which I think the networks have cancelled for the future.
Score: 2/9 worth watching and both are renewed for season 2
For the shows that I took a pass on, namely the 18 below, two or three made it to renewal, but not for me. Still passing.
For returning shows, there was a culling! I watched 12 Monkeys and it is finally “back” for season 2; American Ninja Warrior and the new Team Ninja Warrior; Arrow; The Blacklist; Blue Bloods; Dark Matter; Elementary; Gotham; Grimm; Killjoys; and The Flash. Eleven shows, all renewed for next season.
Castle was one I watched, but almost out of habit than desire. It should have ended last season, and this season had a few good EPs that would have fit nicely in season 2 or 3, but for the current arc, they just didn’t work. Glad to see they have killed it for next year.
I also gave up on Big Bang Theory, SHIELD, NCIS x 3, Person of Interest, Scorpion and Sleepy Hollow in the sense that I moved them to binge watch status only. I just don’t care enough to stay “current” on them. PoI is in its last season but I’m fine with all of them ending.
Continuum and Lost Girl are short season and I let both of their final seasons go to binge-watch status. I like them, I’d rather watch them in a batch though. I’ve let Orphan Black go there too, as well as Suits, but I might pick those back up over the summer.
However, I gave up completely on Undateable, and to be honest, I can’t believe it wasn’t yanked early in the year. Maybe they were going for syndication numbers or something, don’t know, but it was deadly to watch.
Overall, nothing major is leaving that I mind, and looking forward to a few new shows next year.