Andrea snagged this recipe from her Mom, and it might be a Looney-Spoons recipe originally. It’s pork tenderloin with maple syrup. Sure, there’s other stuff in it, but those are the two flavours that pop. Totally awesome.
|Type of meal||Cuisine||Difficulty|
|Dinner, Main, Pork||North American||Easy|
Total: 1h 50m
- 1.5 lbs / 680 g pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 2 tsp grated orange peel/zest
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (sodium-reduced)
- 2 tbsp Ketchup (sodium-reduced)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Trim the pork (1.5 lb / 680 g) of all visible fat.
- Grate the orange peel/zest (2 tsp), if necessary.
- Mince the garlic (2 tsp).
- Place the trimmed pork (1.5 lb / 680g) in a large, heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients: grated orange peel/zest (2 tsp), minced garlic (2 tsp), pure maple syrup (1/2 cup), soy sauce (2 tbsp), Ketchup (2 tbsp), Dijon mustard (1 tbsp), curry powder (1.5 tsp), ground coriander (1.5 tsp) and Worcestershire sauce (1 tsp).
- Pour the marinade over the pork and seal the bag.
- Turn the bag several times to coat and then let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Transfer the pork and marinade to a small roasting pan or baking dish.
- Roast, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 minutes. The pork should be slightly pink in the middle.
- Let the pork stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice thinly.
- Drizzle extra sauce over the pork and serve immediately.